Saturday 10 August 2013

Eating and PCOS - My Diet - Foods I Eat & Those I Need To Avoid

La Tartine Gourmade
pinterest

From the time I was diagnosed with PCOS the term "lifestyle changes" has filled me with dread. Dramatic I know, but they always seem to feel like they are being said with judgement rather than understanding!.

So in my attempt to never hear these words uttered in my presence I began making my own "lifestyle changes" to improve my digestive issues and lessen my PCOS symptoms.

Not necessarily all but some women with PCOS also have digestive in tolerances ranging from gluten sensitivity through to dairy and as well all know sugar. I think anyone with PCOS should consult with their caregiver or a dietitian upon diagnosis as to which foods groups are best to avoid and which foods are best to eat and here is a little example of some of the kind of foods that work for me and some of the foods I try to avoid.. are there any foods you eat/ avoid with pcos?

What I will say first is that food is a constant challenge for me, I crave sugar and find that I always feel like snacking... so I'm constantly working on my eating habits..




Everyone should consult with their doctor or dietitian before commencing a healthy eating program as they can advise you on how best to balance your diet to ensure your getting all the good things you need for your particular lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. For those concerned that their gouda ramesh ent hospital in kukatpally hyderabad and account might have been compromised, the following section will provide more relevant assistance.

    ReplyDelete